OPTION 1: Counseling 270 (Introduction to College) Course
This class awards the highest registration priority of all the orientation options. It is strongly recommended for high school seniors, recent high school graduates, or first time college students. Counseling 270 is the most comprehensive introduction to college course and is offered throughout the year, primarily in the summer term. Check the Schedule of Classes online for course availability.
OPTION 2: New Student Orientation
Santa Rosa Campus: New Student Orientation is offered in the Bertolini Student Center. Sign up in advance at the Counseling Department (Bertolini Student Center, 2nd floor) or by calling (707) 527-4451.
|Wednesday, October 5||5:30pm-7:00pm||Room 4731|
|Friday, October 7||9:00am-10:30am||Room 4731|
|Wednesday, November 9||5:30pm-7:00pm||Room 4731|
|Friday, November 18||9:00am-10:30am||Room 4875|
|Wednesday, November 23||5:30pm-7:00pm||Room 4731|
|Wednesday, November 30||5:30pm-7:00pm||Room 4731|
|Friday, December 2||9:00am-10:30am||Room 4875|
|Wednesday, December 7||5:30pm-7:00pm||Room 4731|
|Friday, December 9||9:00am-10:30am||Room 4875|
|Wednesday, December 14||5:30pm-7:00pm||Room 4731|
|Friday, December 16||9:00am-10:30am||Room 4875|
Petaluma Campus: New Student Orientation is offered in Kathleen Doyle Hall, Room PC 219. Sign up in advance at the Counseling Department (Kathleen Doyle Hall) or by calling (707) 778-3914.
|Tuesday, October 11th||4:00pm-5:30pm||PC 219|
|Tuesday, October 25th||3:30pm-5:00pm||PC 219|
|Tuesday, November 15th||5:00pm-6:30pm||PC 219|
|Tuesday, November 28th||1:00pm-2:30pm||PC 219|
|Monday, December 12th||10:30am-12:00pm||PC 219|
OPTION 3: Online Orientation
This option may work well for you if you fit into one of the categories listed below or if you have already attended an on campus orientation and simply want to review the information. You should also be very comfortable using a computer and someone who learns well in an online environment. This option is designed primarily for students:
- Have prior college experience and are familiar with college life and navigating college resources
- Taking online only courses or non-credits courses
- Completing prerequisite courses for credit at another institution
- Unable to take COUN 270 course or attend an in-person New Student Orientation
- Access the online orientation through your student portal, myCubby, using your 9-digit Student ID number (SID) and Pin Code.
- After you have logged in, click on the link at the left side of the page under "Quick Links" that says "Online Orientation".
- Once you have clicked on the link, read the Home Page, read the directions, and then click on the "Modules" link to begin.
- Read each segment and answer the Knowledge Check questions. You must successfully answer all Knowledge Check questions to receive credit.
ONLINE ORIENTATION COMPLETION IS RECORDED EVERY ½ hour IN THE STUDENT PORTAL