Standards for Probation 1 and Probation 2
A student who has attempted at least 12 semester units as shown by the official academic record shall be placed on Academic Probation 1 if the student has earned a cumulative GPA at or below 1.99 in all units which were graded (CR/NC and P/NP grades are not counted).
A student who has enrolled in a total of at least 12 semester units as shown by the official academic record shall be placed on Progress Probation 1 when the percentage of all units in which a student has enrolled and for which entries of "W," "I," "NC," and "NP" are recorded reaches or exceeds fifty percent (50%).
Students placed on Probation 1 and unable to improve their status after one semester will be moved to Probation 2.
Removal from Probation
A student on Academic Probation shall be removed from probation when the student's cumulative GPA is 2.00 or higher. A student on Progress Probation shall be removed from probation when the percentage of units for which entries of "W," "I," "NC," and "NP" are recorded drops below fifty percent (50%) of all units in which a student has enrolled.
Standards for Dismissal
- A student on Academic Probation 2 shall be subject to dismissal if the student earns a cumulative GPA of 1.99 or below in all units attempted.
- A student placed on Progress Probation 2 shall be subject to dismissal if the percentage of units in which the student has been enrolled for which entries of "W," "I," "NC," and "NP" are recorded exceeds fifty percent (50%).
Qualification for Readmission Following Academic/Progress Dismissal
A dismissed student may be readmitted and returned to Probation 2 status after fulfilling one of the following conditions:
- Completion of three of the following:
- The appropriate workshop identified by the Counseling Department; and
- The Petition for Waiver of College Regulations form, signed by a Counselor and submitted by the stated deadline; and
- A Student Education Plan (SEP)
- An absence of one of more semesters
Satisfactory Progress After Dismissal
Following dismissal and readmission, students who maintain satisfactory academic progress by earning a semester GPA of 2.0 or greater each semester, shall remain on Academic Probation 2 until achieving a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better.
Following dismissal and readmission, students who maintain satisfactory progress by completing more than 50% of their units each semester, shall remain on Progress Probation 2 until the overall cumulative level of completion reaches 51% or above.
At the end of each semester, the Counseling Department will request from the Information Technology Department a list of students who have automatically qualified for Probation 1, Probation 2, or Dismissal status. The Counseling Department will notify these students, along with outlining the rationale behind their status and advising them on their next steps. The students listed must meet with a counselor if they want to enroll in more than 8.5 units the following semester.
Dismissal status shall be recorded on the student academic record at the conclusion of each term. However, only dismissal status shall be recorded on the student academic record at the conclusion of each term. However, only dismissal status at the conclusion of the spring term shall result in enrollment restriction.